What can I do if I want to collaborate with a member that isn't active anymore?

+11 votes
I would like to collaborate with Jeremy Janis on my family tree as there are a lot of matches between my gedcom and profiles that he manages but it seems that he isn't active on this site and I don't know if he received my email.
WikiTree profile: Janis-14
in Policy and Style by Mattan Yeroushalmi G2G Crew (490 points)

1 Answer

+10 votes
Best answer
Contributors come and go, so we can't always collaborate with the people who created profiles of interest to us. This contributor is one who hasn't contributed in several years. See http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Unresponsive_Profile_Managers for advice on what to do if you continue to be unable to make contact.

If the profiles of interest to you are OPEN, note that you can go ahead and add to them while you are trying to make contact.
by Ellen Smith G2G Astronaut (1.6m points)
selected by Andreas West
Thanks Ellen, that answer was very helpful, even though I hope I won't come into such a situation. But it's good to read that WikiTree has done a lot for such cases and has a clearly defined process!
Very good answer. Sometimes we die, that is why I have two living family members as co-managers/trust listed on all of the ones I manage.

Related questions

+4 votes
1 answer
93 views asked Feb 27, 2016 in WikiTree Tech by anonymous G2G Rookie (250 points)
+8 votes
1 answer
+6 votes
0 answers
+9 votes
2 answers
+7 votes
3 answers

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright