How can i replace a complete branch on my tree??

+6 votes

My name is Chris Berry.

I have entered a branch on my tree in error and want to replace it with the correct one (I have the Gedcom ready to upload ) is there an easy way to do this??

Any help would be appreciated.


in The Tree House by Chris Berry G2G Crew (880 points)

1 Answer

+3 votes
When you say a branch, I assume you mean someone was connected to the wrong parents.  In that case, simply disconnect the wrong branc leaving it to fare for itself and then import your GEDcom.  You don't have to worry the disconnected branch as it presumably consists of real people who con eventually be connected elsewhere.  You can either orphan the profiles or keep them to work on later.
by Living Dardinger G2G6 Pilot (447k points)
Thanks for the help Dave



Related questions

+3 votes
2 answers
+10 votes
2 answers
190 views asked Nov 16, 2015 in Policy and Style by Maryann Hurt G2G6 Mach 9 (91.7k points)
+4 votes
2 answers
+3 votes
3 answers
228 views asked Sep 3, 2014 in WikiTree Tech by Gio Wiederhold G2G Crew (950 points)
+4 votes
1 answer
+5 votes
0 answers

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright