Naturalization Record. I found the index record now what do I do?

+8 votes
I found an index record for [Frederick William Rest |Rest-20] based on his passport record but I'm not sure where to go from here.  He was born in Westphalia Prussia in 1841 and is listed with a naturalization date of September 24, 1872 at the Supreme Court of Wasington D.C.  The index record lists N.P & N.R.2.pg385.  Is this a record I can get a copy of from the National archives?  If so, would I have to go there to get it? Being so old would it have any any information other than what I already have?  This is my first immigrant and I'm obviously clueless.  Any help would be very much appreciated.
WikiTree profile: Frederick Rest
in Genealogy Help by S. Roberts G2G Crew (830 points)
retagged by Keith Hathaway

1 Answer

+4 votes
Best answer

You can use the records info you have on his profile and also post it as a source. You can contact the National Archives and see about ordering the record. National Archives and Records Administration

by David Selman G2G Astronaut (1.1m points)
selected by Carole Pancake
Thank you.  I put in a request with the National Archives in DC for a copy of the record and I wait and see what comes back.  I'm hoping it has some good clues, but we'll see.
Received the record yesterday.  Not much new information but did find out he was under the age of 18 when he came to the US.  That should narrow his arrival date a little.  It was really nice to see the copy of his actual naturalization record.

Related questions

+4 votes
1 answer
+2 votes
3 answers
+1 vote
2 answers
+1 vote
3 answers
+4 votes
0 answers
105 views asked Aug 17, 2018 in Genealogy Help by Shawn Ligocki G2G6 Mach 2 (21.4k points)

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright