My children's father is no longer my husband; how do I remove him as my husband?

+9 votes
Hi everyone.

I am very new to WikiTree.  I love it!  What a great project.  I have listed my children in my tree, but including their father (my ex) put him in as my husband.  How do I change this?  We are no longer married and I would like to put the name of my new husband in that place.  Is this possible?

Thank you so much!

-- Helen
in WikiTree Tech by Helen Mikkelsen G2G2 (2.9k points)
recategorized by Keith Hathaway

2 Answers

+5 votes
On your profile, go to the tool bar & select edit, then select edit marriage, add the date the marriage ended and save.
by Doug Lockwood G2G Astronaut (2.5m points)
After that, go back to the "Spouses" item on the edit screen and choose "add/remove spouse," then add your current husband as a spouse.
+3 votes
You should go to the profile page, click "edit," then on the right, look for the spouse list. Click "add/remove spouse." At the bottom of that page (section II) choose the box (a dot) next to the name and then the green "Remove as Spouse of XXX."
by Natalie Trott G2G6 Pilot (967k points)
Um, that will make her children appear to be illegitimate.

WikiTree does not limit the number of spouses a person can have, so ex-spouses can be linked to a profile.
when you go to edit spouse, there is a dot that makes the ex not appear on your profile but keeps him as the father.

Related questions

+4 votes
2 answers
+7 votes
1 answer

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright