Hi RJ :-)
I am still working to put sources on profiles that I think are in my line. Hawte Wyatt through his mother Jane Finch is still my best Gateway Ancestor. I am wondering if there are others? Possibly a Cunninghanm or a Needham? Most of the following line have a Richardson source. I am still adding sources to the Needham's in this line.
1. Alice is the daughter of Charles Needham
2. Charles is the son of Robert Needham
3. Robert is the son of Robert Needham
4. Robert is the son of Robert Needham
5. Robert is the son of Anne (Talbot) Needham
6. Anne is the daughter of John Talbot
7. John is the son of Gilbert Talbot
8. Gilbert is the son of John Talbot
9. John is the son of John Talbot
10. John is the son of Richard Talbot
11. Richard is the son of Petronilla (Butler) Talbot
12. Petronilla is the daughter of Eleanor (Bohun) Butler
13. Eleanor is the daughter of Humphrey VIII Bohun
14. Humphrey VIII is the son of Humphrey Bohun
15. Humphrey VII is the son of Humphrey (Bohun) de Bohun
16. Humphrey VI is the son of Humphrey (Bohun) de Bohun
17. Humphrey is the son of Henry (Bohun) de Bohun
BELOW from previous discussion ....
If there were anything in this, it would be an unmissable gateway line. But I suspect it's more a case of nothing to debunk even. Nobody seems to be citing even a family book or dodgy article - looks like it first turned up on the internet.
Also William's son William should be a PGM. Perhaps there was one of that name. Actually I wouldn't be too surprised if there was a William son of William born in Bolton in 1580, so they could be real people to that extent.
Rachel Whoever married Edward Spalding or Spaulding
which is a complete mess
This is much better, but still no good
commented Mar 3 by RJ Horace G2G6 Pilo
From discussion I've seen on the internet, there's no proof that Charles Needham had a daughter named Alice nor that 'Alice Needham' existed. Here are a couple sites discussing Needhams: http://www.members.shaw.ca/jmream/needham.html
http://www.genealogy.com/forum/surnames/topics/needham/676/ This person states: "I personally really doubt that Lady Alice Needham ever married William Bryan and she probably never existed .Not one document has ever been found that has both William Bryan and his wife's names on the same document."
Before you write her off... check with the Butler Society. I am a member easy to join. Wonderful site.