Here is an introduction to the German Roots in my family:
1. KELLERMANN - my mother's maiden name. The family name came from Coburg Germany when my Great Grandfather August Wilhelm Erhardt Kellermann came to Buffalo, New York in the early 1890s and married widow Julia Schauf Gantzer, whose maiden name is Schauf.
2. SCHAUF - my great grandmother's maiden name. The Schauf family name came to Buffalo, New York from the Palantine area of Germany with Philipp Schauf, who married Philippina Betz in Buffalo, New York aournd 1850.
3. BETZ - my second great grandmother is Philippina Betz Schauf who came to Buffalo, New York about 1837 and married Philipp Schuaf as her third husband. She is the daughter of Heinrich Betz from Feilbingert, Germany, an ancestor I share with my fourth cousin wikitreer Jillaine Smith.
4. DRESSLER - Heinrich Betz married Christina? Dressler. We have traced the Dressler's and their ancestors in the Palatine area of Germany.
5. CRON - Dressler ancestors n the Palantine
6. WICKERT - Dressler ancestors in the Palantine. I have added research done by Jilaine to wikitree and we have a Wickert Name Study going back to 1550.
7. UNGERICH - Dressler ancestors in the Palantine
8. VERSCH - My maternal grandmother is Bernadine Versch Kellerman. We have traced the Versch line back to Teunz and Obervietach in Schwandorf, Bayern, and forward to include cousins and their inlaws in Buffalo, New York, Dunkirk New York and Herndon, Kansas. My grandmother's father was Martin Versch who went to Buffalo, NY and his brother Adam who went to Herndon, Kansas.
9. LINDEBAUER - My grandmother's sister Margaret Versch married Walter Lindebauer and we have traced his ancestors in Buffalo, NY area and back into Germany.
10. BAUER - My mother's sister married into the huge Charles Bauer family of Buffalo, New York and my cousin has traced all 16 of his children. Charles Bauer married Mary Mages.
11. SCHIRCK - The Schirck Family came up from Switzerland into Alsace and settled in Bas-Rhin, France, but spoke German and Alsatian. They emigrated to Warren, Pennslvania in 1834 with Johann Jacob Schirck and I have added their entire descendant lineage to wikitree from the The Schirck Family History written by his daughter Salome Schirck Gruber Huck. Many German families are included in this research, including SCHIRCK, GRUBER, HUCK, WERLE, SCHULER, LAUFFENBERGER, HONHART, ENGEL, ARNOLD, etc.
12. GISSELBRECHT - Marie Marquerite Gisselbrecht married Johann Jacob Schirck in Muttersholtz, Bas-Rhin, Alsace and immigrated with him to Warren, Pennsylvania, USA in 1834 I have traced her ancestors back to 1580 using old German records and infomation from other German researchers. Family lines inculde SIGWALT, SIEGWALT, SIGWALD, KELLERMANN (a different line) in Alsace, not Coburg), SCHMUTZ, and LENZ, and have found mayors and pastors in this line back in the 1600s!
13. KOPP - My second great grandmother was Marie Theresa Kopp Lallmang Schirck Mehs, who married 3 times, secondly to my great great grandfather Michael Schirck of Warren, Pennsylvania. She has 3 children from her first marriage to Conrad Charles Lallmang, including two daughters who married into the Ruhlmann family of Warren, Pennsylvania. Her father was Jacob Kopp and her mother Elizabeth Beihl Kopp, daughter of Barbara Beihl. Jacob, Elizabeth and Barbara are German immigrants and are buried in East Eden, Erie County, New York.
14. SCHMITT - Gertrude Schmitt was the second wife of Adam Versch and her extensive family as researched by my cousin Tim Campbell has been posted on wikitree, including the Schmitt, Reiboldt and related families.
15. HEINE - We are still looking for the family of Robert Heine of Buffalo, NY who married Lillian Kellermann. We only have limited information on this family yet.
16. OLD EAST SIDE - We have done extensive research on the Old East Side of Buffalo, New York, an historic German neighborhood from the 1800s and the early 1900s. Please see our wikitree page or contact myself or Jillaine Smith for details on our research.
And that is my German research interests for the past 37 years!
Sharon Troy Centanne - half German, half Irish and married to an Italian!