Seems I am a 2nd cousin 1x removed.
As a matter of note,
During the period 25 October to 5 November 2015, I journeyed by vehicle on a genealogy exploration trip through Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas to
1. meet with cousins to surface ELKINS stories, go on field trips, and collect copies of artifacts and photos;
2. visit places of ELKINS homesteads and other residences;
3. visit historical markers, counties, and townships pertaining to the activities of ELKINS frontiersman;
3. visit ELKINS burial sites;
4. visit libraries and other reference centers possibly having ELKINS history; and
5. visit Texas county clerk offices and the General Land Office to obtain copies of ELKINS land grant patents and deeds of land transactions.
I have established a SmugMug journal of photos and stories, having completed segments for Snowflake, AZ, Grants & Milan, NM, Snyder, Austin, and Coleman, TX.
I'm in progress on segments for Weatherford/Aledo, TX (WRT 3g grandfather Robert Elkins), Dallas (WRT grandfather Robert K Elkins), and Pampa, TX (WRT 1g grandfather).