Requesting information on how to change an incorrect entry.

+6 votes
I think this question is simple. I just need to know I am going to change the information correctly before I make the changes. I was informed I have the wrong grandparents on my tree. To change this I need to make Luke Selby and Mary Selby my aunt and uncle, and list Hamilton Jefferson Selby and Elizabeth Ensley as my 3rd great grandparents. Luke and Mary will become my aunt and uncle. Now, to make this change correctly should I just change to relationship of Luke and Mary and then add Hamilton Jefferson and Elizabeth as my grandparents on a new page and then this will give them a new number? As for their child Catherine, I will leave it the way it is. The information, except for the birthdate of Catherine, will stay the same. It appears the Luke and Hamilton  Jefferson both had daughters names Catherine and some of the information was interchange on both men. OR...should I would I have to leave Aunt Catherine with the number and make a new page for Grandmother Catherine Jane? Just a little mixed up, but I want to do it right!
in Genealogy Help by Marilyn Albert G2G4 (4.3k points)

1 Answer

+7 votes
If everybody has already a profile you just have to disconnect the wrong child from the wrong parents' profiles and add him or her to the new parents, no new numbers or anything else involved. If some of the people are not yet on WikiTree you have to create the profiles and attach parents or children that are already here.
by Helmut Jungschaffer G2G6 Pilot (617k points)

Related questions

+8 votes
4 answers
+6 votes
1 answer
+11 votes
2 answers
+4 votes
1 answer
111 views asked Apr 14, 2021 in WikiTree Help by Elizabeth Jones G2G6 (7.3k points)
+8 votes
1 answer

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright