I have Croatian ancestors on both my paternal and maternal sides of my tree, so I have had a lot of experience with Croatian Catholic Church records.
Were your Croatian ancestors from Kotoriba Catholic? If so, I can help you get started on locating them in the Croatian Catholic Church records which are easily-accessible through this link on Familysearch:
The following record sets are available for the Catholic parish in Kotoriba:
- Births (Rođeni) 1789-1857 Marriages (Vjenčani) 1790-1857 Deaths (Umrli) 1790-1857
- Births (Rođeni) 1858-1885
- Births (Rođeni) 1885-1889 Marriages (Vjenčani) 1858-1898 Deaths (Umrli) 1858-1890
- Births (Rođeni) 1895-1899
- Births (Rođeni), Marriages (Vjenčani), Deaths (Umrli) 1849
- Deaths (Umrli) 1890-1917
- Deaths (Umrli) 1907-1919
- Marriages (Vjenčani) 1907-1918 Deaths (Umrli) 1895-1900
I don't have any knowledge of the Croatian language, but the records are actually pretty easy to follow, as they are organized consistently so that you can find surnames, dates and locations.
I can help you get started with these if you think that your family members might be in these records because they were Catholic.