How to change data in my GEDCOM when doing GEDCompare Report

+6 votes
When I am doing the GEDCompare Report and I find that the information I have entered is incorrect compared to the existing entry in WikiTess (which I have proven to be correct), how can I change the info in my GEDCOM to match the proper entry?
in Genealogy Help by Warren Buschmann G2G Crew (310 points)

2 Answers

+1 vote
Warren, you can't do this I'm afraid. Your best solution is to ignore that person and don't add him to WikiTree as well as making a note to yourself of things to do later on. I'ld take a snapshot of the data and save it somewhere locally for ease of reference.

by Rosemary Jones G2G6 Pilot (268k points)
0 votes

I suppose you could not import your GEDCOM, and let it be deleted (I can't find the page that describes how to do that, but I remember seeing that option with mine). The edit your original, and re-upload the new one to start over.

by Dennis Wheeler G2G6 Pilot (585k points)

Related questions

+5 votes
2 answers
+4 votes
1 answer
+3 votes
2 answers
+4 votes
0 answers
+2 votes
1 answer

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright