OK, I know this subject has been debated many times before but nevertheless I am going to give it an airing once again.
I have to maintain copious notes in my scratchpad ('cos the memory is just not up to the load) where I have to remember to go back to a profile after 7 days, or in the case of a proposed merge after 30 days because in my humble opinion the system is not ideal.
This is the gist of what is on the 'unresponsive profile manager' form
Only submit this form once if you want to adopt many profiles managed by xxxx. If it's determined that xxxx is unresponsive, future requests can be handled without delay.
Please select one:
Open xxxxx-xxx for adoption.
Open ancestors and descendants of xxxxx-xxx as well.
Please confirm the following:
I made a Trusted List request for xxxxx-xxx seven or more days ago.
I sent a Private Message or e-mail message to xxxx seven or more days ago.
I posted a comment on xxxx's profile seven or more days ago.
Please check Susan's contributions list and select one:
xxxx has not made any WikiTree contributions for 60 or more days.
xxxx is active on WikiTree but is not responding to me at all.
The above are required, the comment fields below are optional.
One has to complete one of the first two options, which are not always relevant because:
(1) Open for adoption may not be appropriate. We just need the profile OPEN
(2) Open ancestors and descendants as well should be split. Opening ancestors and opening descendants for adoption is not necessarily appropriate. Opening for editing may be.
So basically in this section I see Open for adoption and Open for editing as two different things. The options should be (IMHO)
(1) Open this profile for editing
(2) Open this profile and ancestors for editing
(3) Open this profile and descendants for editing
(4) Open this profile for adoption
(5) Open this profile and ancestors for adoption
(6) Open this profile and descendants for adoption
Then we have to confirm three actions. Now I don't think that this is necessary under the following circumstances which relates to the options below that so I will come back to the tick boxes.
We have to confirm that:
(1) xxxx has not made any WikiTree contributions for 60 or more days.
(2) xxxx is active on WikiTree but is not responding to me at all.
I believe that if there was another option
(3) xxxx has made no contributions in the last 365 days and the profile has a date of birth more than 100 years ago
this option should remove ANY requirement to fill in the three check boxes or tick boxes
My reasoning is that if someone has made no contributions for a year and the profile is over 100 years old based on date of birth or death there is no reason why this profile should not be Open and therefore any of the first three suggested option should be applicable provided they meet the date of birth criteria. Caveat here that this should also apply to an undated profile.
This might help the increasing frustration that I sense amongst those who are frequent contributors and WikiTree Wombles tidying up where ever they go. (Can we have a WikiTree Womble badge? !!)
I am among those wombling around WikiTree all day, and my frustration levels are getting to explosion point unless something is done.
If this was a rant it ends here /rant