Have you heard of sliced bread? Well, these Error Reports are better than that! A few thoughts and I'll list a few things I'm finding out ...
1,2,3 and 4 ... KUDOS to Aleš Trtnik and Magnus Sälgö for thinking this up and then acting on it ... just what Wikitree is supposed to be about!!! Helping make this a better endeavor.
5. Great organization of the errors, what it is, who's involved, data, ability to mark it as okay and/or ignore for a bit ... I'm glad I have a big monitor!! lol
6. Looked at my report on Monday and it only had one generation??? I was about to ask G2G if anyone else saw the 'error' but I saw this note at the bottom about profiles being locked and that you should use a parent's profile ... ??? Somehow my profile's privacy was set to red ... so, I went to my Dad's profile and, WOW he had an error report as well ... I thought the reports were just done for active Wikitree-ers ... nope, every profile has a report. That was nice, but then I started thinkin' about number seven ...
7. So, I understand about the program not being able to access one's watch list (yet!) ... but my report was loaded up with errors from someone's Gedcom import ... and most of those profiles were not 'open' ... so, I couldn't be fixin' up stuff ... ah, but now that I was slapped side-o-the-head about everyone having a report ... I just jumped back in time a few generations and looked at their report, and started fixin' up some more errors Ain't science wonderful?
8. Even jumping back in time, I'm seeing a boat load of incorrect date errors ... child after death, marriage after death, etc. most from gedcoms but not all ... ahhh ... I won't even go there ... lol
9. One thing I'd like to see is this program being available to us run-of-the-mill types and using our Watch Lists as input ... then Id have a BIG list of errors that could actually correct ... I'm sure this is in the works somehow.
10. See numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4