This is the earliest information I have of the Dippenaar family after them there is a huge gap which then begins at my grand father. I would appreciate any assistance.
Regards Margo BattesonDekker
Johannes Marthinus Dippenaar, originally Depener of Wehlau in East Prussia. In 1735 he emigrated to the Cape. He became a citizen in 1746. Johannes died in 1790 on the farm "Groene Valley" on the Olifants river. He was married to Maria Magdalena Schmidt on 10 November 1748 and they had 10 children.
1) Johannes Marthinus - baptised 10.11.1748. He resided in Stellenbosch South Africa and married Elisabeth Johanna Liebenberg.
2) Maria Catharina - baptised 27.9.1750 married J P Keyser
3) Hester Margaretha - baptised 21.5.1752 married A Gous
4) Magdalena Adriana - baptised 7.10.1753 married J C Beukes, remarried J Grobbelaar
5) Michaelis Christoffel - baptised 2.12.1755 a resident of Stellenbosch in South Africa. Married Anna Smit on 30.3.1777, remarried Maria Elisabeth Erasmus.
6) Andries Petrus - baptised 8.1.1758 a resident of Stellenbosch in South Africa. Married Gerbrecht Christina Vorster on 17.1.1796
7) Adriana Elisabeth - baptised 24.2.1760
8) Jacobus - baptised 13.6.1762
9) Alwyn Johannes - married Cornelia Margaretha Roelofse
10) Adriana Elisabeth - baptised 10.5.1767 married Dirk Coetzee
There is a huge gap between my grandfather Arend Jacobus Dippenaar born 1899 married Judith Johanna van Deventer born 1900 died 1944 and the original family member's who emigrated to South Africa. They had 8 children.
1) Dirk Jeremia born 3.12.1921 died circa 2011 resided in South Africa
2) Maria Magrita 31.1.1923 deceased resided in South Africa
3) Maria Magdalena born 11.11.1924 deceased resided in South Africa
4) Iris Lillian born 5.6.1926 deceased resides in Perth Australia
5) Olga Adstrid born 2.4.1934 resides in Somerset West, South Africa
6) Thelma Vera born 27.7.1936 died 24.5.2007
7) Judith Johanna born 7 January