How do I fix an error?

+7 votes
I made a mistake and made James Thompson his own father.  I know my question doesn't make sense, so please go to the profile and check it out.

It started out that I added him as his own father, then I tried to merge the profiles.  Now, I can't figure out how to fix it.


I tried to import my GEDCOM, but was discouraged from doing that.  It has been more frustrating creating the profiles manually.  Please help.
WikiTree profile: James Thompson
in WikiTree Tech by G M G2G Crew (390 points)

2 Answers

+2 votes
Best answer
I would think you should be able to edit the profile, then on the right side, there's a link to edit father. From there, either remove or replace the father. But if that doesn't work...

then, since its the result of a bad merge, there is a category you can add to the profile to let more experienced arborist fix it. I think its [[Category:Bad Merge]]
by Dennis Wheeler G2G6 Pilot (537k points)
selected by Steve McCabe
Edit father.  Thanks for the help.
+3 votes
I went to do a merge for you but looks if some one else has started the process. If something goes wrong send me a message and I will fix things up for you.
by Athol Henry G2G6 (7.9k points)

Related questions

+8 votes
3 answers
82 views asked Oct 17, 2018 in Photos by Brittany Cost-Balentine G2G1 (1.3k points)
+1 vote
4 answers
+3 votes
1 answer
+1 vote
1 answer
+2 votes
1 answer
+2 votes
1 answer
136 views asked Jan 25, 2013 in Genealogy Help by anonymous
+6 votes
0 answers
115 views asked Feb 21, 2017 in Genealogy Help by Beryl Meehan G2G6 Mach 3 (31.2k points)

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright