Hello fellow WikiTreers, from the Volunteer Coordinator Project.
Today is "What Happened" Wednesday! Huh?
Some things that happened today in history:
- 1031: Henry I succeeds father Robert II as King of France
- 1773: Scottish settlers arrive at Pictou, Nova Scotia (Canada)
- 1923: Pancho Villa was assassinated in Mexico
- 1960: Sri Lanka - Sirimavo Bandaranaike was chosen as the first world's female Prime Minister
- 1969: - first lunar walk by Neil Armstrong and Edwin 'Buzz' Aldrin
- 1974: Turkey Invaded Northern Cyprus
- 1990: The IRA bombed the London Stock Exchange
The task for today is to go into your watchlist, find any profiles relative to the underlined words above, and source them or spruce them up! For example:
- An ancestor named Neil, Henry, Robert, or Edwin
- An ancestor from France, England, Mexico, Canada, Cyprus, Turkey, or Scotland
- A female ancestor who did something notable
I thought this week we would switch it up a little and make it a little more challenging!! What's the point of a challenge if it's not really a challenge right?? Have fun!! Come back tonight and let me know how you did.
The People History
On This Day