How do I unmerge two people with similar names that have been merged in a profile?

+2 votes
in Policy and Style by Sharon Ray G2G6 Mach 1 (11.9k points)
One of the two is female and the other male. The male is my ancestor and married his second wife after his alleged year of death. I would like to get this fixed before I try to upload my gedcom.
You can't unmerge them.  Choose which person the existing profile represents and make another profile for the other person.

1 Answer

+3 votes
I  was afraid of that. I will follow up with the person and see if we can straighten this out some way.
Is there any way to prevent someone else from merging my ancestor that mess?
once the two profiles are separate again... create a rejected match between them (and maybe include a note in the biographies of each)

Related questions

+1 vote
1 answer
+2 votes
1 answer
+3 votes
2 answers
+7 votes
1 answer
+5 votes
1 answer
85 views asked Jul 14, 2015 in WikiTree Tech by Rodney Hamby G2G Crew (310 points)
+4 votes
1 answer
+6 votes
0 answers

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright