Having a problem correcting entry of g-g grandma in place of g (ggg had existing WT ID I now manage); advice??

+3 votes
in The Tree House by Christopher Childs G2G6 (9.8k points)
Can you add the WikiTree ID of the person in the question?
She was Perrin-14.  I seem to have unintentionally created a new ID of Perrin-1727.
Is there a simple way to remove/delete an entire entry and then replace it?
Okay: have now fixed the problem by removing Dyer-10317 as a son of Perrin-1727.

1 Answer

+3 votes
Best answer
There isn't a way to delete.  You need to merge.  Usually it's higher number into lower number.  Oh well. I have certainly made the same mistake of creating a duplicate profile, especially when starting out.  Glad you sorted your problem.  And, welcome to WikiTree!
by Kathy Zipperer G2G6 Pilot (313k points)
selected by Christopher Childs

Related questions

+2 votes
3 answers
116 views asked Apr 5, 2019 in Genealogy Help by Anonymous Hudnall G2G6 (9.8k points)
+6 votes
0 answers
150 views asked Jul 4, 2015 in Genealogy Help by anonymous
+2 votes
1 answer
117 views asked Feb 5, 2015 in Genealogy Help by anonymous
+3 votes
1 answer
36 views asked Apr 24, 2014 in Genealogy Help by Eva Spivey G2G Crew (590 points)
+3 votes
2 answers
+2 votes
4 answers
92 views asked Oct 19, 2020 in The Tree House by Nancy Wilson G2G6 Mach 4 (40.9k points)

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright