George E. Barnes Sr. born Jan 23 1945 Providence R.I. is my birth father how do i start a new tree

+4 votes
in The Tree House by Donna Fields G2G Rookie (250 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
Dear Donna,

   I see you have started your tree with your birth parents.  You can create a new profile for George E Barnes by going to the top right of a profile and using the drop-down menu ADD > New Person.  Be sure to check that there is no profile for him already!

    Please look at my great-grandfather's profile = .  There I have him attached to his birth parents.  His adoptive parents are linked in the biography section.  You can use this method to attach your birth family if you prefer.

Hope this helps!  -NGP
by Nanette Pezzutti G2G6 Mach 6 (69.0k points)
thank you i think i have it going right since my adopted mother is also my aunt!

Related questions

+7 votes
3 answers
+2 votes
2 answers
216 views asked Dec 8, 2018 in Genealogy Help by David Hughey G2G Astronaut (1.6m points)
+3 votes
0 answers
268 views asked Jul 24, 2013 in Genealogy Help by Joseph Barnes G2G Rookie (250 points)
+2 votes
1 answer
+5 votes
1 answer
+4 votes
1 answer
86 views asked Jul 5, 2018 in The Tree House by Jessica Key G2G6 Pilot (201k points)

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright