And fun I have, adding the siblings of Derk Anton Lourens Jansz so I could send Dennis this mail:
Maybe you noticed I added profiles for all 8 siblings of opa Jansz, and started to add their children. Some comments and questions, also related to the info on your website:
Photos 1800 set 1
Grandpa Jansz is sitting on the railing. know any one else? Great Grandpa (WCPI) and Great Grandma (Helena) and Great Great Grandma Jansz... and Spot the dog. The rest... who knows... do you? One of the little tykes would be WCPII soon to be an embezzeler. Something funny, Opa Jansz had many variations of his first name, as you can see mom wrote Dirik and I recall her saying that at time. And on many documents it was Dirk or Derk. Derk is the correct name. After he came to America it became Dick.
Ignoring the two ladies at the left my guess for the other kids would be (left to right):
I guess the photo was taken spring 1886 (Lina about 9 months, no leaves on the trees yet). Missing are Antonie - 1881 (lived only three weeks), Henriette Louise -1887 (is she the one you call Yet?), and Laurence Johanna - 1893.
Everybody is named except the little tyke in WCP II’s Lap. Since WCP II only had one child and it was a girl... hmm! Looks like mom got her middle name from her Grandmother.
As we know now WCP II had two boys and one girl, so:
- the girl was Helena Berendina - 1918, the cousin that told the story of her mother working to pay back what her father had embezzled
- the boy labeled Ellie's brother would be Willem Christiaan Pieter - 1915
- the little tyke in WCP II’s Lap would be Simon Jan - 1916
Everybody is named except the little dog. Oh yeah, the woman behind Great Grandma Jansz. On another photo grandpa sisters are Koos and Anna... who are John, Yet and Lina?
- The woman behind Great Grandma Jansz could be Koos (Jacoba Johanna Helena), the spinster that married at age 56...
- John is Jan Lagerweij, the husband of Cato (Anna Catharina), citation from letter on your website: Hope Nick will get to Grand before you come home. Marie's note:(Grandma and Grandpa Jansz were living with the Lagerweys at this time. John and Cato Lagerwey. Cato was Grandpa Jansz's sister and they lived on Grand Avenue in Los Angeles)
- Yet, I guess, is Henriette Louise as Yet is phonetically equal to "iette"
- And I think Lina is short for the "lena" in Helena Berendina
To be continued......
P.S., The robber robbed:
There is a police report, Amsterdam, 4 May 1942, right page, second entry, where WCP II reports his bicycle is stolen...