Hi Justin :)
I added it to chrome and the way I understood it to work was that all I had to do was click on the wee wikitree icon when on one of the supported sites, click whether to create a new profile or add to an existing (this is all from memory as it's been a couple of weeks), but nothing at all happened. After a few tries I deleted the extension, then added it again, and tried again. Still no joy. After a couple of days of giving it a go here and there I ended up deleting it from chrome again. So the problem occurs right at the start with just nothing at all happening, no new boxes opening up, or pages ... I have no idea what was meant to happen next as nothing happened next. It's such a shame because from comments I've seen here it's just awesome! I've just carried on doing my work manually, which yes does take ages (for me, having to get my head around all the wiki language, but getting better all the time!:)). I have a massive to-do list ... at first I concentrated on getting every single profile to my name sourced, thats been done! Now I'm working through it getting every single source inline and the profile itself up to wikitree standard eg the == blurb ==, so they all have the bold headings and contents etc. The wikitree X would be soooooo helpful right now, as with every profile I'm revisiting I'm focussing on sourcing all children etc noted on profiles. I'd really like to get it to work!
I know I'm not contributing anywhere else on wikitree atm, but thats only because I'm cleaning up my own back yard first, I feel I owe that to wikitree first and my ancestors. It was a long haul cleaning up after my initial gedcom import!! Once I've got ticks next to every profile in my to-do list I'm really looking forward to getting involved in some projects here, I've had a couple of ideas for quite some time now, as well as making contributions outside my branch to the tree as a whole. So getting wikitree X to work for me would be amazing!