The Bio Builders theme for the next thirty days (give or take a couple of days) will be "Women in History". I don't want to make it hard for us to locate profiles. So for purposes of this challenge besides the obvious women who are notable, wives of "founders" and "immigrants", and women who had children (which is certainly making a mark in history) count.
Biography Builders Goal: To make profiles as complete as possible with well-written biographies and sources. You should research as much as you can find on a person, writing the information onto the profiles to create as complete a life story as you can for that person. Sourcing should be full citations. This includes adding categories and links to events and people connected to that profile and citing all those additions. See the first month for examples of how to participate.
Here's our checklist:
- birth date/place
- names of parents
- marriage date/place and spouse name
- death date/place
- Written sentences stating the facts above, adding inline sources to each fact.
- As a general rule biographies should be in your own words. Paraphrase and rewrite, don't copy/paste.
- Baptism, burial, military, and other life events with inline sources.
- Something to "humanize" the person, such as career or avocation with sources.
- List of children with at least one pertinent fact.
- One of the suggestions was siblings. I think this takes up real estate.
- Explanatory remarks, if needed (i.e. Disputed persons sections, Research Notes, whatever needs extra explaining).
- Photos or pictures, background. Not a must, but nice (I own the copyright or are in the public domain).
- Connection to the Global Tree.
- All duplicates merged or initiated
- Links to persons and events, perhaps from Wikipedia.
- Historical context as related to the person's life.
- Sources, Sources, Sources.
You can see some ideas on where to find some of this information on the Biography Builders space page, linked below.
Use comments below to ask questions.