Ellen Gipson, from Derrinsalla, Tipperary, daughter of John Gipson (Gibson) and Alice (Elizabeth) Kennedy, married Denis Donovan in Picton, Ontario (Prince Edward County), on 30 Oct 1850.
We found baptismal records for five other children born to John Gibson and Alice Kennedy in Lorrha, Tipperary. Baptismal records started in 1829 in Lorrha, Tipperary.
- Elisha -- baptized 11 Jun 1832. Sponsors were Martin Kennedy and Judy Wheatly. (The transcriber thought that her name might have been Eliza.)
- Samuel – baptized 9 Feb 1834. Sponsors were William Kennedy and Ellen Gibson.
- William -- baptized 10 Apr 1836. Sponsors were Benjamin Gibson and Bridget Kennedy
- James – baptized 8 Dec 1838. Sponsors were Patrick Waters and Mary Kennedy.
- Jane – baptized 1 Feb 1841. Sponsors were Benjamin Gibson and Ellen Gibson.
I think it is possible that MY Jennie Gibson Gibson-10461 is the Jane above born 1 Feb 1841 in Tipperary. She called her daughter Alice and Jane’s mother was called Alice. Two descendants of Jane's grandfather Benjamin had already speculated that John Gibson was a son to Benjamin (and sibling to their forebears - one in Canada and the other migrated from Canada to Wisonsin, US) and we have a triangulated DNA connection to the appropriate chromosome. I want to find records that can further detail John and Alice Elizabeth Kennedy Gibson, and find out how Jennie got to New York, as well as if any of her siblings or parents came as well.
I was given a newspaper "Searching for Friends" ad by the researcher working with the Canadian descendant, who might be the Benjamin Gibson that was Jennie's baptismal sponsor, published 6 Jan 1855 in The Boston Pilot: Of Benjamin Gibson, of Kilenaule, parish Durrow, co TIPPERARY WHO CAME TO quebec in ’47 and lived some time near Coburg, Canada West; when last heard of was in Rochester, N.Y. Info will be received by his brother patrick h gibson, Weternport, Allegheny co, MD.
Any help finding more on them would be appreciated!