How do indicate a marriage ended in divorce when I do not know the date it ended?

+2 votes
in Genealogy Help by Brian Collins G2G Rookie (220 points)

1 Answer

+7 votes
Best answer

When editing the marriage, you can put in a date that it ended, and mark it as exact, approximate, before this date or after this date. You could even put in 2012 and mark "before this date". That would indicate the marriage has ended. Hope that helps ~tami

by Tami Mize G2G6 Mach 4 (40.6k points)
selected by Living Butchino
To add to Tami's answer: Don't forget to explain it all in the text of the page.
It bwould REALLY be helpful if there was a way to put marriage  then a tab for divorce/death of spouse/annulment.
Thank you Richard, Chris & Tami.  Wonder if I will ever be real faimiliar with this program.  Kept looking aaround but never went over to the right!  Silly me.  Thank you all.

Related questions

+2 votes
2 answers
1.2k views asked Apr 6, 2017 in The Tree House by Living Davisson G2G Rookie (220 points)
+2 votes
3 answers
+11 votes
7 answers
326 views asked Apr 27, 2017 in Policy and Style by William Foster G2G6 Pilot (111k points)
+2 votes
1 answer
439 views asked Oct 15, 2013 in WikiTree Tech by Dianne Reuby G2G1 (1.6k points)
+6 votes
5 answers
+3 votes
1 answer

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright