What do you do if you're descended from a sibling of someone listed on WikiTree?

+3 votes
We are desc from another son of William Durkee (immigrant), Dea. John Durkee, later of Hampton CT. , who d. 1739. How does this dovetail in the system? R Palmer
in Genealogy Help by anonymous G2G Crew (520 points)
edited by Chris Whitten

1 Answer

+3 votes
Best answer

If his father (parent) already has a WikiTree ID - enter the data on your ancestor

and then choose [add parent] 

enter his father (parent)  you should get a message that lists possible matches with this parent.

There will be a list of any William Durkee's already entered - you can click on any of those listed profiles to look for matches  -

If you find a correct match - on the left click on that radio button/circle - then at the bottom right of the list - click the  bar at the bottom that says:

Selected Person is the Same  William Durkee


by Chris Hoyt G2G6 Pilot (767k points)
selected by Deborah Mayes

Related questions

+3 votes
3 answers
146 views asked Jun 25, 2019 in WikiTree Help by Andrew Simpier G2G6 Pilot (320k points)
+2 votes
1 answer
121 views asked Jan 29, 2018 in Genealogy Help by Sandy Rose Sacki
+5 votes
2 answers
132 views asked Mar 16, 2015 in Genealogy Help by Vicki Norman G2G6 Mach 2 (20.9k points)
+4 votes
1 answer
187 views asked Nov 12, 2013 in WikiTree Tech by Denise Knapp G2G6 Mach 1 (19.6k points)

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright