The revolutionary war ancestor is Bernard Bowman (Bauman) who was born in Germany in 1739 and died in Northampton PA in 1824, at the age of 85, and served as a private ranger from Northampton County PA from 1778 to 1783. (Penna. Archives, Third Series Volume 23 page 306).
- Bernard married Catherine Drysbough in 1775 and their children are as follows:
- Joseph Bowman
- George Bowman
- Adam Bowman married Elizabeth Kuhns
- Abraham Bowman married Frances Rugh
- Bernard Jr. Bowman
- Daniel Bowman
- Sibella Bowman married George Aunawalt
- Sarah Bowman married John Lea
- Catherine Bowman
- Eve Bowman
Abraham Bowman 4th son of Bernard Bowman born in Northampton Co. PA in 1782 and came to Westmoreland County PA, when a young man and married Frances Rugh and lived in said County until his death in 1850. His wife died in 1852. Hey are said to be buried in Greenburg, his children are:
- Elizabeth Bowman married Paul Imanel and moved to Ohio.
- Jacob Bowman married Sarah Brinker and lived in Westmoreland County and had 5 children.
- Daniel Bowman, married Katie Smith, killed of a raising, had three children.
- Sarah Bowman married Jacob Smith and lived in Murrysville in Westmoreland County and had 6 children.
- Solomon Bowman married Jane Scott and had 4 children, 2nd wife Susan Ritenhouse had 8 children, 3rd wife Mary Aukerman had 3 children and lived in Westmoreland County PA.
- Peter Bowman married Elizabeth Mikesell and had 4 children and lived in Indiana County PA.
- George Bowman married Sarah Lumey and had 9 children and lived in Armstrong County PA.
- Susan Bowman married David Baker and had 10 children and lived in Armstrong County PA
- John Bowman married Bierer and lived in Madison, Westmoreland County PA.
- Margaret Bowman married George Brinker and lived in Ohio. Her second husband was Banhister.
- Mary Bowman married Phillip Sheffler was born in 1821 and lived in Indiana County PA and had 5 children and 17 great grand children.
- Annie Bowman married John Baker and lived in Westmoreland County, PA and had 9 children.
- Lucinda Bowman married William Kline and lived in Westmoreland County PA
- Abraham Bowman died as an infant.
Annie Bowman 12th child of Abraham Bowman was born in Westmoreland County PA in 1820 She married John Baker in 1843 and died in 1873. They lived in Westmoreland County PA and had 9 children:
- William Baker married Silvous he was born in 1846
- Margaret Baker died at 18 years old of Typhoid fever. She was born in 1848.
- Henry Baked married Margaret Ann Margon in 1873. Henry was born in 10/09/1850 and lived most of his life in Westmoreland County PA.
- Susan Baker married Peter Painter. She was born in 1852 and died in 1950.
- Ellen Baker married Richard Johns. She was born 1854 and lived in Cleveland OH. They had 4 children, 2 girls and 2 boys.
- Ann Baker (mother –96 years old when she died in 1950). She married William King. She was born 1856 and married John Painter (Dad).
- Nicolas Baker married Matilda Kelly. He was born in 25/12/1860 and had 9 children. They lost a boy (Harvey in World War). They lived in Westmoreland County PA.
- John Baker unmarried born 04/07/1865.
Henry Baker (Uncle) 4th child of Annie Bowman Baker was born in 1850 and married Margaret Ann Morgon in 1873 and had 9 children and lived mostly in Westmoreland County PA near Saltsburg then moved to Greensburg County.
Anna May Baker (cousin) married Thomas R Johnson in 1876. She was born in 1874 and lived in Indiana County PA, Saltsburg. She had twin girls born in 1903.
Elizabeth Bell Baker married John Daugherty. She was born in 1876 and lived in Beaver Falls a short time then moved to Jeannette PA. She had 7 children.
Della Ediltrude Baker married John London. She was born in 1879, had 2 children 1 boy and 1 girl. Her boy joined the Navy and died of pneumonia in New York during World War. They lived in Tampa Florida and she died of cancer in August 1924.
John Harvey Baker married Ada Rawe. He was born in 1881, had no children and lives in Cleveland OH.
Ray Nicolos Baker was born in 1884 married Elizabeth Andersan. Has 11 children, lives in Manor, Westmoreland County PA. Wife dead.
Connie Margaret Baker married William Shear and was born 1886. Died 1925 no children.
Charles Johnston Baker, twin brother of Connie Baker died when an infant.
Howard W. Baker married Thomas R Johnson in 1896, had 2 children, twin girls born in 1903 and lived in Saltsburg, Indiana County PA.
Ruth Margaret Johnston Unmarried.
Mary Catherine Johnston died at 3 days old.
Both born on 10/05/1903 Sunday evening in Saltsburg, Indiana County PA.
Ruth Margaret born 20 minutes of 8, Mary Katherine at 8:00PM.