This person certainly fits in the scope of the Connecticut project (I believe Southold was part of the New Haven Colony), so you should be talking with that project.
It's clear from Henry Whitney's profile that the mother of John Whitney was his unknown first wife, but I'm confused by some of the details on the various profiles:
- John's profile data section has a birthdate in 1645;
- The text of his profile says he was born before 1644 in Southold;
- Henry's profile says that John was born in England in about 1642
- The marriage data for Henry and the unknown wife show marriage in 1644
- The text of Henry's profile shows he married the Unknown wife in 1642.
I can guess at the reasons for these discrepancies, but it's best not to guess. If you have been actively researching this family, this would be a good time to sort out the discrepancies and document the basis for the various dates and date estimates with footnote citations in the profiles. If there's uncertainty about John's birthplace, do discuss that in text.