How do I correct the marriage for my mother's son (my half brother)?

+4 votes
My mother's first child was with an un-married man.  He appears in my Wiki Tree file as a spouse, when in fact there was no marriage.  That causes him to be shown as blood related to my siblings and I.  I have looked for help on how to fix this and list him as a partner, or something like that, but either I can't find it or simply don't understand the instructions.  He is Peter Everett Johnston (Johnston-9224).  I am trying to find his real family and any living descendants while my 90 year old half-brother is still able to meet them.  Thanks in advance.  Joe Bissett
WikiTree profile: Peter Johnston
in Genealogy Help by Joe Bissett G2G3 (3.4k points)
retagged by Keith Hathaway
Hi Joe,

The marriage between Peter's parents should be removed?

That can be done from the "edit" page for either of the profiles.  Once on the edit page, look to the far right and click to edit marriage.  At the bottom of the next page is the button to click.  (Read first and follow details regarding children).

I hope this is helpful.

Have a nice day!
Are there two profiles for Peter?

I find the one you linked to from this post has no relations.  From your profile when I click on brother Peter it goes to a different profile that seems connected right (aside from parent's marriage)
I don't understand, because I used the number from the upper right corner.  Sometimes WikiTree confuses me.
I removed the marriage.  Thanks.  I guess there is no category called Partner.
You can always link him as a partner in her Bio

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Related questions

+4 votes
1 answer
65 views asked Jan 29 in WikiTree Help by Kari Undbekken G2G6 Mach 1 (16.9k points)
+6 votes
2 answers
+1 vote
0 answers
+1 vote
4 answers
+3 votes
1 answer
89 views asked Aug 29, 2017 in Genealogy Help by Susan Carelse
+2 votes
2 answers
+5 votes
2 answers

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright