Wondering if I can get some help in finding Evelyn Jane McWatters/McWaters and her family in the 1911 Canada Census? I'm assuming there has been a wrong spelling for their last name somewhere in the transcription/index, as I can't find them.
Facts I know:
- They should likely be in Lambton County, Ontario. 1921 Canada Census noted them in Sarnia, Lambton West Sub-district.
- 1921 Canada Census noted they immigrated in 1905, so they should likely be in Canada/Ontario.
- Evelyn's mother, Lillie May/Mary Smith was still living at home with her parents in the 1900 US Census and Evelyn was born in 1902 in Michigan.
Household should contain:
- John Leander McWaters/McWatters (sometime snoted as just Leander or Len - in 1921 Census he was John L), born about 1867 in Canada
- Lillie/Lily May/Mary McWaters/McWatters, born about 1879 in Michigan
- Evelyn Jane McWaters/McWatters, born 1902 in Michigan
- George McWaters/McWatters, born about 1905 in Michigan
- likely one or 2 other kids, but currently unknown how many others there may be.
Any help is appreciated!
I am really not sure what other spelling their surname may have ended up under in the 1911 Census - I have only seen it as McWaters or McWatters.
If it helps, this is the source for them in the 1921 Canada Census.
Ancestry.com. 1921 Census of Canada [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2013. Reference Number: RG 31; Folder Number: 67; Census Place: Sarnia (City), Lambton West, Ontario; Page Number: 12. Original data: Library and Archives Canada. Sixth Census of Canada, 1921. Ottawa, Ontario, Canada: Library and Archives Canada, 2013. Series RG31. Statistics Canada Fonds.