Hello, Need help, again!
Working on relationship trail of William "the Conqueror."
Who was the father of Henry II, Henry I, or Geoffrey Anjou?
- "Royal Ancestry" 2013 by Douglas Richardson Vol. I. page 354
- William The Conqueror, King of England, married Maud Of Flanders
- Henry I, King of England, by an unknown mistress, _____.
- Henry II, King of England, by a mistress, Ida De Tony
- William Longespee, Knt., Earl of Salisbury, married Ela Of Salisbury
- Ida Longespee, married william De Beauchamp, Knt.,
Ida (Longespée) de Beauchamp
daughter of Daughter of William (Plantagenet) Longespée
son of Henry Plantagenet II
son of Geoffrey (Anjou) d'Anjou and Matilda (Normandie) de Anjou
...above taken from the Henry II Plantagenet-1627 profile.
- Royal Ancestry 2013 by Douglas Richardson Vol. I, page 18-20
She ( Matilda (Normandie) de Anjou ) married (2nd) Le mans, Maine 17 June 1128 GEOFFREY PLANTAGENET
....Henry I and his second wife had no issue, so Matilda was the next option for dynastic continuity. After the barons pledged support, Henry arranged her second marriage to the 13-year-old Geoffrey of Anjou and Maine. She was twenty-five.
....They had three sons, Henry (II) [King of England, Duke of Normandy and Aquitaine, Count of Anjou], Geoffrey [Count of Anjou and Nantes], and William Longespee.