I'm hoping someone else may have luck in finding Clement Ferdinand Bonin (mostly noted as Clement F. or Clement) in the 1880 or 1870 Census. I'm assuming there was a wrong spelling somewhere in the transcription, though I can't seem to find it.
What I know:
- Clement Ferdinand Bonin was born Nov 1st 1865 in Prussia (sometimes noted as Germany, Poland or Bohemia.)
- He and his family immigrated to Wisconsin in the late 1860s (Census data lists this between 1867 and 1870.)
- Parents are John (or Johann) Bonin and Johanna (Grubich) Bonin.
Siblings that I know made it to the US are John and Max (Maximillian) J. Bonin.
Other siblings that are unaccounted for but found through birth records from Prussia: Theophilus, Alexander, Josepha and Marianna. (They may be going by different names, though. For example, 'Max' above was noted as Maximillian in his birth record but does not seem to show up as that in the US, only Max.)
- His older brother Max Bonin is found in the 1880 Census boarding in the house of another family at age 18 in Wisconsin, so his family /should/ be around somewhere.
- The family is in the Eau Claire County or Manitowoc County areas of Wisconsin throughout their lives. I believe the father (John/Johann)'s obituary indicated he was always in Wisconsin, but not sure.
- Clement married in 1894 in Wisconsin. His brother, John, married in 1884 in Wisconsin.
- NOTE: I've found most all the records for Clement from 1900 onwards. I can't seem to find pre-1900 ones, though, which is where I'm stumped and hoping for some help! :) He should be in the household with his parents, considering his age at the time.