How does one edit a profile if the profile is sent to "Trusted" and there has been no activity since 2012?

+8 votes
I tried to edit Rosser-255 to update the file. The person in the profile descended from my GGF. The profile was created in 2012 via a import and it appears not to have been touched since the import. How can I edit this profile? I really think it would be redundant to create a new profile and then request a merger of the two files. Since the profile has been inactive for 5+ years, is it possible for me to become the profile manager and be able to update the file that way? Thanks for the help...
WikiTree profile: Snow Pinion
in The Tree House by Cindi Cooke G2G Crew (850 points)
retagged by Dorothy Barry

1 Answer

+9 votes
Best answer
It might be best to go ahead and follow the directions in this link concerning unresponsive profile managers:
by Dorothy Barry G2G Astronaut (2.6m points)
selected by Steve McCabe

Thank you Dorothy. I had already checked the managers contributions list prior to posting here in G2G. There have been no contributions from the profile manager since 2012. I went ahead and sent a request to join their Trusted List and posted a message on the profile page stating such. Hopefully, I here something back. Kind of freaky/scary that there has been no activity from the manager at ALL since 2012...hope all is well with her. Anywho...I will wait the 7 days, if you think I should...and then submit the Unresponsive Profile Manager Request Form. I am able to access all of the siblings pages ... just not this one.

Again...thank you for the help, Dorothy. :)



Your welcome Cindi. I had that happen to me as well on my "One Name Study" projects. I'll find some unsourced profiles, find a source, then can't add it because the profile manager hasn't been around for a time. WikiTree developed the Unresponsive Profile Manager Request form so that we can eventually adopt the profiles if the manager never responds.
Thanks Steven S. for Best Answer!!
YAY for your Best Answer Star, Dorothy!!! I am quite new back here in G2G, but I agree with Steven S wholeheartedly!!! Upon delving further into this branch of the tree, there are a couple other twigs that are managed by this same person. I will give it just the weekend for a response and then proceed with the Unresponsive Profile Manager Request. I love the ability to update profiles when I can...but don't much like the delay. I can get side-tracked on a whole other branch and not get back to it for a long not good in my book.
don't forget to do the other step as well, the private message, before doing the unresponsive PM request. They may no longer be using Wikitree, but a PM will go to their e-mail address. You may then get a response from them, but if it is an unsatisfactory one, you can do the UPM request and include anything they said.


To help you remember projects top return to, you could set up a personal category

and add a free-space page

for each project detailing your research.

Here's an example of a free-space page that links to both a personal category and other free-space pages:


It may prevent things from slipping thru the cracks.


Awesome looking set up for reminders of who needs what Pat - may do that
Navarro, Thank you.

I am still in the developmental stage. Not liking everything but it is a good solid start. Needs some tweaking to simplify the process and then make sure there's consistency. Still updating. Private message me If you have any questions.

I prefer this option to placing personal categories on pages that need work.

Related questions

+7 votes
5 answers
+7 votes
2 answers
+3 votes
2 answers
+2 votes
2 answers
+5 votes
1 answer
146 views asked Apr 17, 2019 in WikiTree Help by Dylan Moore G2G Crew (530 points)
+5 votes
2 answers
139 views asked May 22, 2021 in WikiTree Help by Sue Covert G2G3 (3.7k points)
+9 votes
1 answer

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright