While looking into my direct ancestor Michael Nathaniel Henry, I noted he married a second wife (a widow) named Prudence Doan (maiden: House) in about 1874. Prudence was in her early to mid 40s when they married, so children could be possible.
I found the family in the 1881 Canada Census and there is a 5 yr old child named "George C. T. Henry" that I am assuming is Prudence's (the other child, Elizabeth, is old enough that Michael Nathaniel's first wife was still alive and was likely the mother.)
Regarding "George C. T. Henry":
- I can't find a birth record to confirm if this is Prudence + Nathaniel's child.
- I find Prudence, now widowed, in the 1891 Census, though I have no idea how to figure out if there is another person in her household (I don't see a page or sheet number and there are a lot of other people with the surname 'Henry' in Sombra.)
- No idea what "C. T." stands for in his name.
Any help/advice is appreciated.
• "Canada Census, 1881," database, FamilySearch (
: 18 November 2014), Prudence Henry in household of Nathanel Henry, Sombra, Bothwell, Ontario, Canada; citing p. 27; Library and Archives Canada film
number C-13276, Library and Archives Canada, Ottawa, Ontario; FHL microfilm 1,375,912.
• "Canada Census, 1891," database, FamilySearch (
: 13 November 2014), Prudence Henry, Sombra, Bothwell, Ontario, Canada; Public Archives, Ottawa, Ontario; Library and Archives Canada film number 30953_148127.