How do I mark a person as a revolutionary war soldier or patriot?

+6 votes
in Policy and Style by Bob Tilley G2G3 (3.7k points)
retagged by Ellen Smith

2 Answers

+5 votes

Hi Bob,

There are a couple ways you could do this one of them I like to use is Recognition Boxes one specifically in there is called the Veteran Recognition some may also use the NSSAR Patriot Ancestors another way you can mark them as a service member is by Categories you could see American Revolution you can find out about more Military categories here United States Military History this is not a conclusive list but just a few I thought of.

Hope this helps.

by Steve McCabe G2G6 Pilot (362k points)
+7 votes

Hello, Bob --

The WikiTree 1776 Project exists for recognizing, documenting, and categorizing our American Revolutionary War ancestors. If you put the code {{1776}} at the top of a profile, the profile will get the nifty 1776 template. And if you tag a G2G question with the 1776 tag, it will get the attention of 1776 Project leaders and volunteers.

Some of the other elements that Steven told you about are going away very soon and will soon be replaced with some new categories . See for current discussion of the proposed new Revolutionary War categories, as well as template changes.

by Ellen Smith G2G Astronaut (1.2m points)

Related questions

+4 votes
2 answers
+4 votes
2 answers
+12 votes
3 answers
388 views asked Jul 24, 2015 in The Tree House by Liz Shifflett G2G6 Pilot (474k points)

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright