Thanks for posting, Greg !
Here's a run-down (not necessarily comprehensive) of "my" shamefully franco-centric rogue's gallery:
- Bad news ! But no surprise there: Louis Braille still is not connected. (He's a tough one. His family is extremely modest and France quite under-represented. There are simply not enough profiles of ordinary people in his geographical area to get him a connection - yet).
- Created a profile for René Descartes (he was on a list of people who needed a profile, just here). He has a bit of family added, and he's "connectable" through a great-nephew who married a Du Guesclin descendant, but I haven't got around to it. Our friends from the Dutch Roots projects provided great source for Descartes's daughter (was kind of hoping they would have something on the little girl's mother? Maybe there is a possible connection on that side?)
- Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec's ancestry has been expanded and he is now connected (yay !). This is kind of my pet project and I enjoy the detective work of finding sources. He does need a LNAB change. Could the Project Protection be temporarily removed ? And I'd like to thank all the people who previously worked on Henri and his father and especially added the lovely pictures. I only adopted those two and added ancestors.
- Looking at Michel de Montaigne's family, I really should focus on getting a bio and better presented sources for a few of them ! His family was expanded and his connection fixed a few weeks ago.
- I'd like to work on French Presidents (or rather, Présidents de la République Française). Right now the project is limited to the category with a whopping 5 Presidents in it. I'm trying to get access to the profile of a fifth one. Of these, three are connected: Napoléon III, VGE (private) and Patrice de Mac Mahon. Casimir Perier is my next target.
- As if I did not have enough to do with the 42 unconnected notables on my error report. (Some of them share a family group, fortunately, so that's a bit less than 42 connections needed).
- I have adopted Josephine Baker (help needed !!! for her family, which is quite difficult to trace with only access to FamilySearch. Can anyone provide more?), and focus on the family of her husband, Jo Bouillon.
- Also created a profile for trail-blazing author Marguerite Yourcenar.
- Special thanks to Susan Tye for creating Simone Veil as soon as her death was in the news !