How do i enter an illegitimate sibling?

+5 votes
asked in Genealogy Help by Dede Fitton G2G Crew (460 points)
retagged by Keith Hathaway
Enter the individual and then connect his/her profile to the known parent (assuming the parent has a profile).

Can you give the details of the situation and perhaps we can give more specific help.
Just create a profile for the child and attach it to his/her parent(s), Dede!

Nothing special about it here at WikiTree; all children are created equal in the One Tree (exceptions may apply)!!
My half brother and I share a father. It's easy enough to include him on our family tree but how does he keep his own profile to acknowledge the other half of his family? (His mom).

And thank you for replying.

For his profile, he would be attached to his mother and to your common father. The two of you would share paternal ancestry, but have different maternal ancestry when you compare your Family Tree charts.

If he doesn't have a profile yet, you can add a profile for him as a child from your father's profile, and then add a profile for your half brother's mother from his profile. Each of you will then show as half siblings on each other's profile.

1 Answer

+7 votes
Best answer

Hi Dede,

You just add them as a child of their biological parents.  It will all fall into place.

Here is a link that explains it in better detail:


answered by Keith Hathaway G2G6 Pilot (596k points)
selected by Susan Laursen

Related questions

+4 votes
2 answers
+3 votes
1 answer
+6 votes
3 answers
+3 votes
1 answer
94 views asked Sep 27, 2018 in Genealogy Help by Jessica Key G2G6 Mach 7 (77.2k points)
+6 votes
2 answers
117 views asked Jul 5, 2018 in WikiTree Help by Ian Dykes G2G Crew (720 points)
+10 votes
5 answers
+9 votes
1 answer

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright