Many online trees show that Jerusha Carrier, daughter of Joseph Carrier and Deborah Kneeland, married, serially, Alfred Lord, Herman Bates and Heman Chamberlain. This cannot be correct, as the two women died at different times and in different places. I am trying to figure out what the correct LastNameAtBirth is for Jerusha (???)(currently Carrier-1130) Bates Chamberlain.
I believe (sources are included on the profiles):
1. Jerusha Carrier (Carrier-1142):
- Was the daughter of Joseph Carrier and Deborah Kneeland.
- She was born 21 Sept 1791 in Colchester, New London, Connecticut.
- She married Alfred Lord about 1816
- They moved to New York and had children between ca. 1818 and 1826: Harriet, Charles, Sarah and Lucius.
- The family moved to Ohio Twp, Boone, Ohio, where Jerusha died on the farm in 1841.
2. Jerusha Unknown (Carrier-1130)
- Was born about 1799.
- She married Herman Bates. Don't know if she was his 1st or 2nd wife.
- It looks like they had children Belinda and Erastus, but it is possible that these are children of a prior marriage.
- I think the widow of Herman Bates, Jerusha remarried, 2nd, to Heman Chamberlain, and they had at least 1 child: Alden Chamberlain.
- In 1850 Jerusha Chamberlain and Alden are living in Cornwall CT, with Erastus Bates.
- In 1860, she was living with Erastus in Warren, CT.
- Jerusha died in Warren 26 Sept 1869, aged 71, and is buried at Warren.
Can anyone help with this mystery or give me sources I haven't found yet?