I need some advice on how to handle a potential duplicate marriage record where the names are similar, but not the same.
1) Medfield Record: Joseph Miles marrying Mary Wheelock 28 Jan 1661. (Marriage performed by Ralph Wheelock). (Could be 1662 under new calendar?)
2) Salem Record (Transcription) Jospeh Miles marrying Mary Whelan, 1661, 11th month, 18th day. (Marriage performed by Ralph Whelan).
3) Salem Death Record for Mary Whelan Miles in 1663. (Index only, haven't seen the original record).
* Does anyone have access to the original Salem record to confirm the transcription?
* Is it possible that the 11th month referred to in the Salem record is actually January, under the old calendar? (Which would make the two dates very close)
* How should I handle this information? Without doing more research to confirm that there wasn't a separate Mary Whelan, and that they are indeed the same person, I should create a separate profile for her, keep the two separate Joseph Miles, and note it in both bios? And then merge them if and when there's enough evidence to prove they are the same?
Thanks for any help in clearing this up!