1. Go to https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Special:Relationship
2. Enter Carver-254 and Carver-630 and click "Find Relationship"
3. You will get "John is the third great grandfather of Caleb (Uncertain)"
4. Change Carver-538 to Carver-254 on that page and click "Find Relationship"
5. You will get "No Relationship Found"
6. Go to https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Carver-538; you will find that you are rerouted to Carver-254.
Shouldn't the Relationship Finder reroute to Carver-254 instead of Carver-538 in step 4?
This problem showed up via the Relationship Finder's Mayflower Passenger Quick Link, since John Carver (passenger 13) is using Carver-538.
So far, I see "It's not a bug" and "it is a bug."
So why can the Relationship FInder and/or the Connection Finder not follow these merges? Being a retired software engineer, it just seems like a SMOP (Small Matter of Programming). :-)
being a still active software engineer :) ...
I envision that level of programming to be a rather big matter, actually.
That's not a bug. The profile was merged away. The Relationship finder can't use the old index (its not like a url redirect)
I've updated the page, Space:The_Mayflower, to point to the correct profile ID now.
I don't know who can update the Relationship Finder's Mayflower Passenger Quick Link page.
You found a bug that also happens in the "Connection Finder".
The bug is this: Neither the "Relationship Finder" nor the "Connection Finder" "take notice of" you are entering the same person when you enter any two IDs that were merged into the same person, e.g.:
So the following URLs redirect to Smith-1811's profile:
And "ID for Person" Smith-5433 = Smith-15287 = Smith-1811 = John Smith.
If you enter any two of the three IDs on the "Relationship Finder" you get "No Relationship Found".
If yo do the same way on the "Connection Finder" you get "No Connection Found ...Yet".
But they are the same person !!