How can I edit the closed profile of someone who was born more than 150 years ago, died more than 100 years ago?

+9 votes
I'd like to edit this profile (it has no dates or sources) but the profile manager has not responded to private and public messages. This profile manager has not been active on Wikitree since 2015. This profile manager manages other profiles that I would like to edit as well. Thanks for your advice!
asked in WikiTree Help by Lisa Mullings G2G6 Mach 1 (13k points)
recategorized by Ellen Smith

Lisa, if you believe a not "Open" profile represents a person who born 150+ years ago and/or died 100+ years ago you can submit an "Open Profile Request Form". You can find the form in the "Contact" section of the profile. The "Contact" section is at the bottom of the "Family Tree & Tools" page.

2 Answers

+4 votes
Best answer

Read Here for help. 

answered by Deb Durham G2G6 Pilot (641k points)
selected by Lisa Mullings

Sorry, Lisa,

That was actually the link for sysops. Here is the link you need to proceed as a regular WikiTreer. ;)

Sorry about that.

+7 votes

The profile you describe should be Open. You don't need to do an Unresponsive Profile Manager process to request that it be opened. There should be a link on the profile to let you submit a request to have it opened. For most profiles, look for "Open Profile Request Form" under Family Tree & Genealogy Tools. If you can't see Family Tree & Genealogy Tools, the Open Profile Request will be on the public page of the profile.

answered by Ellen Smith G2G6 Pilot (879k points)

Related questions

+5 votes
2 answers
+7 votes
1 answer
+16 votes
3 answers
+5 votes
1 answer

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright