this is my father, does anyone have his military records or information

–2 votes
WikiTree profile: Robert Burke
in Genealogy Help by

2 Answers

0 votes

If you search (for free) on you will find over 1700 Robert Burkes born in Ohio between 1918 and 1920.


You just need to do a bit of filtering and you'll probably find what you are looking for.


by Ed Burke G2G6 Mach 2 (24.4k points)
+1 vote

As his child, you are entitled to his military service records which you can request here: In addition to his military records you can also request copies of any commendations, medals, etc. be sent to you. And there is no cost to you for this.

I know, because I did this with my father.

Good luck!


by anonymous G2G3 (3.4k points)
This is by far the best way to get service records. However, there was a huge loss of records due to a fire and or flood of one of the DOD's warehouses. We found this out after hurricane Rita got my Great Grandfathers Records "originals". Now we are left attempting to recreate them from botched scans and twenty year old carbon sheets.

Related questions

+5 votes
1 answer
+4 votes
1 answer
+3 votes
0 answers
+2 votes
5 answers
+6 votes
2 answers

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright