The front page counter is edging closer and closer to 16,000,000 profiles - 15,922,096 as of writing this - so for a bit of fun, let's see who can come closest to when we're going to cross the line! Answer with the date and time (specify a time zone) and we will see who gets closest to the exact time.
To keep everyone on the same page & provide a bit of data to assist your estimates:
- Post your guess as an answer before Monday (2017-12-18 20:00 UTC; that's noon in PST)
- Data for the number of profiles (according to the front page) for the past two months has been posted here: https://goo.gl/eTY8Yw
- Currently Wikitree is adding ~8500 profiles per day, so extrapolating, it should be somewhere close to 13:00 UTC on Dec 24 (Christmas Eve).
- UTC is Universal Coordinated Time; it's the same as GMT or Greenwich Mean Time.
- I'm not sure if the rate will speed up or slow down during the holidays.
- I have no prizes; this is just for fun & bragging rights!
(Edit: added clarification on UTC)