I found a duplicate person. One page has a manager, the other does not. How do I report them as a duplicate?

+4 votes


His birth name was actually Michael Przybyl, but it was changed to Shebel. His grave is among Shebel graves and is listed in the cemetery as Michael Shebel, but says Michael Przybyl. I also have some paperwork (marriage, etc) to support this.
in WikiTree Help by Melanie Shebel G2G2 (2.5k points)

2 Answers

+7 votes
Best answer
It sounds like you have a vested interest in this person/profile. If I were you, I would adopt the profile that has no manager, then add your information in the sources. Then propose a merge.
by Debbie Parsons G2G6 Pilot (139k points)
selected by Melanie Shebel
+5 votes
Hi Melanie.  You have already done that by proposing the merge.  Unfortunately, for the profile that has a manager, that manager hasn't been active since 2011, so there's a pretty good chance that you won't get a response to the proposal.  After 30 days without any response, you can go ahead and complete the merge yourself (or anyone else can do it).  If Michael is one of your ancestors, you could adopt the profile without a manager, complete the merge after 30 days, and then become the PM of the resulting profile and fix it up to your liking.  In the meantime, since both profiles are open, you could go ahead and add the info you have to the resultant profile (Shebel-3) in anticipation of the merge.  Good luck!
by Dennis Barton G2G6 Pilot (431k points)

Related questions

0 votes
3 answers
+5 votes
1 answer
+7 votes
2 answers
+8 votes
1 answer
+1 vote
3 answers
86 views asked Sep 25, 2019 in WikiTree Help by Melissa Jamison G2G6 Mach 1 (16.4k points)

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright