Let's give this a shot:
First we have Lewis Birdsall Harris, who clerked for Andrew Briscoe at Lynchburg and Harrisburg, Texas during the year 1836. In January 1837 Lewis was elected second lieutenant of militia of the second district of Harrisburg County and served as deputy and clerk pro tempore from 1831 to 1842 during his brother's administration; and after 1849 served as county clerk in Sacramento, California.
His brother, DeWitt Clinton Harris served a short time as regidor (councillor), and then County Clerk for Harrisburg, Texas from 1837 to 1841, and then along with their youngest brother, John Birdsall Harris, were elected as aldermans at the first municipal council of Harrisburg, Texas in 1842.
Andrew Briscoe, brother-in-law to the Harris boys, was a Judge who was elected a member of the convention to assemble at Washington, Texas, March 1st, 1836, and but for this circumstance would have been one of the victims of the Alamo. Arriving at Washington he affixed his name to the Declaration of Independence, which made Texas a free and independent republic.
The Harris boy's father, John Richardson Harris, the original settler of Harrisburg, Texas and one of Stephen F. Austin's Old Three Hundred, was appointed alcolade of the area, a post granted by the Mexican Government.
His wife, Jane (Birdsall) Harris, after her husband's untimely death, moved to Harrisburg, Texas to carry on her husband's legacy and her home served as the headquarters of the provisional government of Texas from March 19th to April 16th, 1836. She also traveled with President Burnett, Vice-President Zavala and others to New Washington and eventually to Anahuac, Texas as the Mexican army, led by General Santa Anna, approached.
John Richardson Harris' father, John Harris, who settled amongst the Indians at Cayuga Reservation in New York, was elected member of Congress from the district in 1806 and in the same year he was appointed Colonel of Militia.
John Harris' grandfather, John Harris Sr., who was the original settler of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania as a part of WIlliam Penn's Settlers, appended his name in 1698 to a remonstrance to the Provincial Assembly against the passage of an act disallowing the franchise to all persons owning real estate less in value than fifty pounds.