How do I undo all the changes someone made to a profile

+7 votes
I thought there used to be a way to revert a profile back to it's original.  How can I do this other than to go in a delete individually everything that was changed one item at a time?
asked in WikiTree Help by Debra Pate G2G6 Mach 1 (10.1k points)

2 Answers

+8 votes
Best answer

on the person's profile, 

select the Changes tab from the top of the page

look for the listing where the mistake was and select the hotlinked phrase "edited the biography"

original text is on the left, changed text in on the right.  if it shows the text you want to undo, select the hotlinked text next to the phrase "If serious mistakes were made, you can"

fill in info on the confirm undo page 


answered by Keith McDonald G2G6 Mach 8 (87.8k points)
selected by Debra Pate
Thank you Keith, I will keep this for future reference.  I've got a huge mess to clean up of wrong people being merged and removing connected people, etc.  Now, someone else instantly jumps in and attaches other profiles while I am working on this creating more confusion for me.  I'm ready to cry.  Been working on this for the past 7-8 hours.  I will get it fixed.
Don't Wikitree whilst anxious, Debra. Merges can only happen after the PM has not tackled the merge request for 30 days. If it is a proposed merge and it is clearly erroneous (ie you have sources that support them being two distinct people), just reject it.

Seems to me there needs to be more communication between the two editors and you. Wikitree is a shared tree and we all agreed to communicate and collaborate when we signed up. That way you will all be moving in the same direction and not wasting your precious time in undoing wrong edits.
Great answer, for this complex issue, Gillian!  Thank you for reminding me.
+9 votes
Try talking to the people involved and ask them to hold off working on the family until you can all discuss calmly what changes need to be made. Hopefully you will all be able to agree on the correct information and connections. If not, then follow the procedures to report a problem and request independent intervention to resolve the differences.
answered by Lynda Crackett G2G6 Pilot (617k points)

Related questions

+1 vote
3 answers
+4 votes
3 answers
127 views asked Jul 4 in WikiTree Tech by Debra Pate G2G6 Mach 1 (10.1k points)
+7 votes
2 answers
104 views asked Jan 20, 2015 in WikiTree Tech by Vic Watt G2G6 Pilot (312k points)
+4 votes
2 answers
71 views asked Nov 10, 2017 in WikiTree Help by Rafferty Jr Rafferty Jr G2G Rookie (280 points)
+3 votes
1 answer
49 views asked Jul 2 in WikiTree Help by Navarro Mariott G2G6 Mach 6 (62.3k points)
+3 votes
2 answers
32 views asked Feb 5, 2015 in WikiTree Tech by James Taylor G2G Rookie (220 points)

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright