- Participating In a challenge? This is how to use the Challenge Tracker. Upon saving your new profile, a box will appear at the top of the edit screen that has a link to Challenge Tracker.
After clicking the Challenge Tracker button a new screen will open up.
Select the Challenge you are participating in and the list of comment hints will pre-populate.
Either pick the one that has the most relevance to what you have done Or create a comment of your own.
Press Add Action.
You can now safely close the window and move on to another profile. The Tracker will add your work to your total.
2. Have you signed up yet for a Clean A Thon team? It is loads of fun and a great way to meet others on WikiTree. Teams are formed around a number of different topics, some are regional, some time period specific, some more general. Go to the current thread and peruse the various teams you can join.
Select: (See current list of teams here.)
https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Help:Spring_Clean-a-Thon#Teams Contact the team you would like to join
3. Not sure what to do or how it works? Take a look at the Tutorial! https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Spring_Clean-a-Thon_Tutorial
4. You can concentrate on easy suggestions if you are new to this Things like looking for USA in a location field when the date is before July 1776. Just eliminate USA. Things like typos. Was Mississippi spelled wrong, with one p? Things like Unique Name do internet query to see if that spelling is used in more than one place… You get the idea…. For more seasoned members there are a lot of suggestions that need attention. Pick the places you think you can make the most contributions.
5. Run your own Suggestions list and clean up all of your own suggestions. You can do some of those now as practice and if you have questions post them so you can learn before the Clean A Thon happens in April!
6. Please if you can correct any additional suggestions that may appear, do so.
7. Also, if you see that the biography and source sections are messy, please clean them up. There should only be one Biography heading and one Sources heading.
8. Adding * in front of each new source sets it onto a separate line