What to do about "Unknown" profile

+2 votes
I haven't come across this before. One of my 5th great grandmothers' was created as a "Mrs." with an "Unknown" original surname. I know her surname. I can't change it, because I am not a "trusted" person for her profile.
How to fix this?
WikiTree profile: Mary Wactor
in WikiTree Help by Sheri Taylor G2G6 Mach 2 (26.7k points)
Have you tried contacting the profile manger, offering him/her the source necessary?

1 Answer

+3 votes

If you want to make the name change yourself, Sheri, you will should send a trusted list request to the profile manager.

If you don't want to be on the profile's trusted list, send the manager a private message detailing your sources for the name change. You should also post a public comment on Mary's profile regarding her correct Last Name at Birth.

If you don't hear from the profile manager or see that the Last Name at Birth has been changed within a reasonable time period (30 days or so), then you may want to submit the Unresponsive Profile Manager Request Form to have the profile orphaned; you would then be able to adopt the profile to make the change. If you don't want to remain as profile manager, you can remove yourself as manager on the profile's Privacy page.

by Lindy Jones G2G6 Pilot (261k points)

No related questions found

WikiTree  ~  About  ~  Help Help  ~  Search Person Search  ~  Surname:

disclaimer - terms - copyright