This merge actually wasn't ready to be completed, since there was an open question regarding this man's LNAB, and neither profile provided sources suitable for determining what his LNAB was. Members often get frustrated when the New Netherland Settlers Project insists on finding the LNAB before completing a merge. However, it's desirable to minimize the number of LNAB changes (so it's best to get the LNAB right before a merge is done), and lack of a correct LNAB can be a serious detriment for research -- when we don't have valid information on the name(s) that a person used, it may be challenging to find sources.
New Netherland Project members who don't like to wait for merges can expedite the process by doing the research needed to determine a person's LNAB.
In search of this man's LNAB, I found some church records for baptisms of his younger children in a free source after following clues on Ancestry.com. On the page http://kreidersonline.com/genealogy/articles/160401JacobCasperse.html
I found an extract from the Anderson article listed in the Sources section of the profile, with some linked pages that have land records from earlier in his life. From those sources, I learned that he never used the name Hallenbeck under any spelling. Based on the spellings for his name found in the earliest record, I changed the LNAB of one profile to Caspersz. That profile is now project-protected and will be the destination for the merge of the Halenbeck profile. Phew! Case closed!
Now we need to determine the LNAB for his wife.