I can't seem to find the name of Mae/May's father anywhere. And I really have only managed to find 4 sources that I am sure are associated with her.
NOTE: I did find her in the 1900 Census with her mother Lucy, though Lucy is noted as the "Head" and there is no mention of the father. Lucy is still noted as married, though. I couldnot seem to find them in the 1892 New York State Census, either, though this family does have the habit of bouncing back and forth between Canada and the US sometimes.
- I do have the certificate number for Mae/May's marriage record. The index did not mention parents names - would the full certificate of this list the parent's names or is it possible to find the father's name without having to pay extra for something?
Here are the sources I have found so far:
• "United States Census, 1900," database with images, FamilySearch(
: accessed 20 May 2018), May Lang in household of Lucy Lang, Election District 1 Buffalo city Ward 3, Erie, New York, United States; citing enumeration
district (ED) 22, sheet 7A, family 136, NARA microfilm publication T623 (Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1972.); FHL microfilm
• May Lang / Lyle N. Paine Marriage Record (Certificate #6089). Ancestry.com. New York State, Marriage Index, 1881-1967 [database on-line]. Lehi, UT, USA:
Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2017. Original data: New York State Marriage Index, New York State Department of Health, Albany, NY.
• "United States Census, 1920," database with images, FamilySearch(
: accessed 20 May 2018), May Paine in household of Lyle Paine, Buffalo Ward 12, Erie, New York, United States; citing ED 95, sheet 8B, line 80, family
225, NARA microfilm publication T625 (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1992), roll 1102; FHL microfilm 1,821,102.
• "Find A Grave Index," database, FamilySearch(
: 13 December 2015), Mae L. Paine, ; Burial, Edgewater, Volusia, Florida, United States of America, Edgewater New Smyrna Cemetery; citing record ID 31059221,
Find a Grave,