Maybe someone out there in the Wikitree world who understands DNA can help us.
I recently was contacted by two sisters who should be my second or third cousins, but our Ancestry DNA shows no match at all. Yet they match my confirmed second cousins.
I am descended from George Marion Stewart who had 13 siblings. His father was Luther Stewart, who was illegitimate and father is as yet unknown. Luther's mother was Sarah Elzabeth Stewart. I am a DNA match to:
* Jennifer who is the granddaughter of George's sister, Annie Demarius
* Ken, who is the grandson of George's sister, Sarah Fannie
* Waymon who is the grandson of George's brother, Joseph Edward
* Waymon's sister, Annette, who is the granddaughter of George's brother, Joseph Edward
* E. L. who is the great grandson of George's sister, Lavonia
* M. L. who is the 2nd great grandson of George's sister, Lavonia
The two sisters who contacted me are descended from Sarah Elizabeth Stewart's brother, Francis Marion Stewart/Stuart. They are a DNA match to Ken and Jennifer, but not to me.
How is it possible that I do not have any DNA in common with the sisters?