I keep bumping up against the Orcutts, especially William who died 1693, and having to reject merges because the ancestor line is messed up. Time to unravel.
Current profiles on Wikitree
- William Orcutt-467 b. 1612 Inverness Scotland; d. 1 Jan 1693 Bridgewater f/o Caleb Orcutt (1678-1759). No parents
- William Orcutt-473 b. 1636 Fillongley England; d. 14 Sep 1693 Bridgewater; m. to MM Lane-466; f/o Hannah Orcutt-39 Tilson. No parents
- William Orcutt-231 b. 1640 Fillongley England; d. 14 Sep 1693 Bridgewater; m. to MM Lane-466; f/o William b.1663, Joseph b. 1672; Benjamin b. 1679. Son of Orcutt-34
- William Orcutt-34 b. 1618 Fillongley England; d. 1693 Bridgewater; no wife; father of most of the correct children. Parents William Orcutt-33(1592-1694) and Susana Edson-301
- William Orcutt-33 b. 1592 Warwickshire; died 1694 Weymouth Massachusetts; h/o Susanna (Edson) Orcutt; Father of Susanna (Orcutt) Edson & William Orcutt-34
- William Awcotte-1 b. 1639 Manchester England; d. 1693 Hingham; m. to MM Lane-466; no children; Parents William Awcotte-2 and Margaret Bickley-169
#1 Orcutt-467 I believe is a case of mistaken identity. Caleb is the son of the next generation William. Change the dates for William and then merge with a second generation William. and then merge the Calebs. Done
#6 William Awcotte-1 represents a real person bpt 1639 son of William Awcotte bpt 1605. The sources that claim this are very obscure (maybe at the Family History Library) and have not been examined. The alleged baptisms in Mancetter of father and son don't turn up at Ancestry, Family Search or FreeReg. Although there may be proof the unavailibilty leaves me in doubt. Disposition : Remove Wife MM Lane and death date. Link to profile of immigrant William Orcutt
#4 William Orcutt-34. I'd like to keep the William with the 1618 birth but he has all the children attached. A. Disconnect all the children and put them with the final immigrant profile. (this sounds like work) B. Disconnect the parents, Change the birth date to 1640 ish. Orcutt-231 (child) definitely has to be disconnected, since this is where the generation mess up is. Perhaps create a new William b. c 1618 but since the Susanna Orcutt Edson is also questionable maybe not. This needs some extra thought and research into the Susan issue.
#3 Orcutt-231. Definitely needs to disconnect from father, Orcutt-34. Using option B above merge in Orcutt-34.
#2 Orcutt-473 Merge into Orcutt-34